- We are the Merrimack Valley Curling Club and we curl out of Nashua Country Club in Nashua, NH
- We curl every Sunday at 4:00 and 6:30 pm, and Tuesday at 8:30 pm.
- Since this is a team sport you would be placed on a team and the expectation is that you're committed to playing every week with your team and you are responsible for finding a sub if you cannot make it for any reason.
- We have training sessions which are mandatory prior to the start of the season, typically in October before the season starts in November. The curling season goes from November through the end of March or the first week of April.
- As for equipment, all you need at the beginning is a clean pair of shoes which are dedicated to curling, and layers to dress in so you will be comfortable on the ice. Wearing the shoes you wore to the club onto the ice will contaminate the ice and affect game play.
- You are more than welcome to come down during the season and watch curling and talk to the people in the warm room about the games going on.
I'm looking for some info in joining a curling club.
Do you know if I can find something here in Florida?
You may want to check with the GNCC web site as there may be some curling in Florida as there are lots of Canadians who have retired in Florida so they may have some arena curling. Just do a web search for GNCC curling.
I am trying to get into curling, I have zero knowledge about how to get started. I have been interested in curling for a couple years now. If you could send me all the essential information to start curling that would be great.
You are not alone in this request. At the present time we are going to have an open house at the beginning of next season which is going to be sometime next October. The curling season generally runs from November through March.
I was wondering if MVCC offers a youth curling league. My son is very interested. What are the costs?
We don't have the capability to offer any programs for youth curling as we rent the ice from Nashua Country Club. They do have youth curling at Nashua County club, but you have to be a member or relative to a member.
You may want to check Broomstones as they have a juniors program. ww.broomstones.com/
Where is the curling club?
We are at 25 Fairway St, Nashua, NH.
We're interested in learning to curl. Could we come by Nashua Country Club and watch...and talk with someone in the club about learning to curl?
Yes! We are passionate about curling and love to share our sport. Please come check us out.
Do you offer curling lessons or clinic?
We do offer training at the beginning of the season, at our Open house. Keep track of our web page and we will post when the next one will be held. As we rent ice from Nashua Curling Club, we are not in a position to do any private rentals. Check with Broomstones Curling Club in Wayland, MA if you are interested in lessons for a group. www.broomstones.com
Do you offer any opportunities for a party of 4 to get a lesson and try the sport?
We only offer it at the beginning of the season. Our next Open House will be next October, keep checking our web site for the particulars. Check with Broomstones Curling Club in Wayland, MA if you are interested in lessons for a group. www.broomstones.com
I am wondering if having a knee replaced would prevent me from participating in the sport.
This is based upon your stability from having a new knee put in. For curlers who cannot squat down, there is the opportunity to use a stick, which is very similar to shuffle board and there are many members who do curl in this fashion.
Your stability would be involved with the sweeping of the stones as they are moving along towards the house. If you would feel comfortable walking and sliding on the ice, you should not have any problems. Attending the open house will be a great opportunity to try.
Where can I buy curling supplies?
The only curling supplier in New England is Brooms Up Curling Supplies out of Connecticut. They offer high quality brooms, curling shoes, and other clothing and accessories. You can order online, but they also travel around to area curling clubs every year. http://www.broomsupcurlingsupplies.com/